Welcome to Our Practice
View the KidsDoc Symptom
An online resource center
providing you with additional
NEWS & EVENTS
Hi all! Dr. Morra here.
October 2021 Update
- It's been far too long since I've added an update on this web site. Welcome to Right from the Start Pediatrics! If your family has joined our practice recently, I'd like to personally welcome you and let you know that all of us will do our best in providing your children with the best possible pediatric care.
- COVID has caused many changes in our office, but we are trying to keep it "business as usual" the best we can. Of course, it will never be completely "normal" for awhile, but we are hoping your experience with us is still as pleasant as possible.
- The Illinois Department of Public Health sends us guidelines that frequently change and we are here to pass them on so you and your children remain safe.
- We do still require masking as that is currently mandated in Illinois.
- We continue to recommend hand sanitizing, surface disinfection and social distancing.
- We recommend that you get the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. It is currently available to children and adolescents 12 years and up. The CDC and FDA will let us know when it can be given to younger children.
- We will attempt to take you from the waiting room into an exam room as quickly as possible.
- We do keep designated sick and well exam rooms as much as practical.
- Surveys that need to be done, if not completed, will be handed to you (or emailed if you prefer) and we will ask that you complete them at home. The connections with our CHADIS questionnaires are a little tricky due to the new portal, so I'll have everyone complete a hard copy and then email them if possible to the new email address I have set up - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Physical exam and immunizations will be done as efficiently as possible.
- Sick patients will be seen as needed - we do have COVID testing (decided on an individual basis), RSV, flu and strep testing. Wheezing, chest pain, shortness of breath will be referred to the ER, in case they need a breathing treatment, which is not advised in open exam rooms.
- IMPORTANT COVID-19 testing addendum - home testing for COVID-19 is acknowledged but needs to be confirmed in the office, similar to a home pregnancy test. NOTE: TESTING IS REQUIRED to be allowed back to school. The only other option is a mandatory 10-day quarantine. It is easier to reassure patients, families and schools by doing a test, and per IDPH, it is required as of this update. We cannot provide permission to attend school without a negative test.
- After hours, I will continue to use the St. Louis Children's, Molina or Meridian phone numbers.
Call or email us with any questions.
PS - there is a new Right from the Start Pediatrics Instagram page that will be rolled out soon... stay tuned! You can get updates and messages as well on the Right from the Start Pediatrics page on Facebook.
Welcome to Right from the Start Pediatrics! If you are looking for accessible pediatric care, a child-friendly environment, and a responsive team of office staff, nurses, nurse practitioners and a board-certified pediatrician, you have found the right place. Most of us our parents ourselves and we know how important it is to have a trustworthy and competent group of people who can provide quality health care to our children. We love children, whether they are our own or someone else’s, and we aim to have a positive impact on their lives by providing exceptional care and compassionate service to those children and their families.
At Right from the Start Pediatrics, we offer a full-range of pediatric services, including prenatal visits for expectant parents, well-child checkups, immunizations and sick appointments. Our caring team is committed to providing quality service in a comfortable, safe office setting where children and parents can feel at ease. We also try to equip parents with the tools and resources necessary for the growth and development of their children from birth to adolescence.
We invite you to browse our new and improved web site and familiarize yourself with our practice. We hope that its many pages of information will serve as a valuable resource. You will find all of the helpful information you need about our practice, including biographies of our providers, service details, financial information, directions to our Breese and Shiloh offices, and new patient forms.
We look forward to accompanying you on your journey through parenthood as you and your child move along a path to optimal health, growth and development. Right from the Start Pediatrics aims to be just that, the right choice you make for your child, from the start of their lives to their young adulthood. We hope we exceed your expectations. For questions or to schedule a visit, contact our office today!