We receive multiple phone calls per day regarding dosages of medications that can be used routinely in children. If you have a question of whether the medication is appropriate or not in a particular situation, give the office a call. Otherwise, use the following charts to determine a dose for your child.
Dosage charts courtesy of St. Louis Children's Hospital KidCare.
- Acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol)
- Ibuprofen (brand names Motrin or Advil)
- Diphenhydramine (brand name Benadryl)
- Loratadine (brand name Claritin)
- Cetirizine (brand name Zyrtec)
Combination cough and cold medications are NOT routinely recommended for use in children. See the following link regarding this, published by the American Academy of Pediatrics.