Welcome to Our Practice
View the KidsDoc Symptom
An online resource center
providing you with additional
NEWS & EVENTS
Hi all! Dr. Morra here.
- Welcome to Right from the Start Pediatrics! If your family has joined our practice recently, I'd like to personally welcome you and let you know that all of us will do our best in providing your children with the best possible pediatric care.
- COVID-19 has caused many changes in our office, but we are trying to keep it "business as usual" the best we can. Of course, it will never be completely "normal" for awhile, but we are hoping your experience with us is still as pleasant as possible.
- The Illinois Department of Public Health sends us guidelines regarding COVID-19 that frequently change and we are here to pass them on so you and your children remain safe.
- Masking is now optional - we ask that if you are sick, remain masked, and wear a mask if ever you would feel more comfortable doing so.
- We continue to recommend hand sanitizing, surface disinfection and social distancing.
- We recommend that you get the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. It is currently available to children and adolescents 5 years and up. The CDC and FDA will let us know when it can be given to younger children.
- We will attempt to take you from the waiting room into an exam room as quickly as possible.
- We do keep designated sick and well exam rooms as much as practical.
- Surveys that need to be done, if not completed, will be handed to you (or emailed if you prefer) and we will ask that you complete them at home and prior to your visit. The connections with our CHADIS questionnaires are a little tricky due to our new patient portal, but please let us know if you have trouble accessing the proper forms.
- The questionnaires for adolescents include very sensitive topics, but topics that need to be addressed by a child's pediatrician. Depression, suicide risk, anxiety, cigarette/drug use, sexual activity, etc. are all addressed, starting at around age 12. If these surveys seem to contain material that you consider too sensitive, we ask that you complete the first time with your child. Ideally, though, the questionnaires should be filled out by the child independently. Questioning in these areas are standard pediatric care, and should be done to help keep our children safe.
- Physical exam and immunizations will be done as efficiently as possible.
- Sick patients will be seen as needed - we do have COVID-19 testing (decided on an individual basis), RSV, flu and strep testing.
- Policies regarding COVID-19 testing change often. Please call the office or refer to the CDC web site if you have any questions. Schools may have their own policies as well, of which you should be familiar.
- After hours, I will continue to use the St. Louis Children's, Molina or Meridian phone numbers.
Call or email us with any questions.
PS - Check out our practice on Facebook and Instagram as many updates will be included there. This web site is maintained by Dr. Morra, and he often posts on Facebook/Instagram at the same time, so one of these places will have updates. Of course, you can always call the office if you have any questions.
PPS - If you have a particularly pleasant experience with us, please consider leaving a positive review on Facebook, Instagram, and any of the numerous "doctor rating" web sites such as Healthgrades, Google, Bing, BetterDoctor, U.S. News or any others of your choosing. Thank you! We hope positive experiences are common here - please share them, as it is nice to hear nice things from our families :)
Welcome to Right from the Start Pediatrics! If you are looking for accessible pediatric care, a child-friendly environment, and a responsive team of office staff, nurses, nurse practitioners and a board-certified pediatrician, you have found the right place. Most of us our parents ourselves and we know how important it is to have a trustworthy and competent group of people who can provide quality health care to our children. We love children, whether they are our own or someone else’s, and we aim to have a positive impact on their lives by providing exceptional care and compassionate service to those children and their families.
At Right from the Start Pediatrics, we offer a full-range of pediatric services, including prenatal visits for expectant parents, well-child checkups, immunizations and sick appointments. Our caring team is committed to providing quality service in a comfortable, safe office setting where children and parents can feel at ease. We also try to equip parents with the tools and resources necessary for the growth and development of their children from birth to adolescence.
We invite you to browse our new and improved web site and familiarize yourself with our practice. We hope that its many pages of information will serve as a valuable resource. You will find all of the helpful information you need about our practice, including biographies of our providers, service details, financial information, directions to our Breese and Shiloh offices, and new patient forms .
We look forward to accompanying you on your journey through parenthood as you and your child move along a path to optimal health, growth and development. Right from the Start Pediatrics aims to be just that, the right choice you make for your child, from the start of their lives to their young adulthood. We hope we exceed your expectations. For questions or to schedule a visit, contact our office today!